Good News! You Have Reached The Ultimate Epilator Resource Centre.
There is no other place that you need to be.
Real reviews, Real Ratings and in depth guides to help you find your perfect epilator.
Where to start?
Let’s start with the best epilator on the market right now;
One thing I have to address real quickly:
There is no epilator on the market today that has received 5 out of 5 star ratings.
This is because they are painful to use at first, and most people rate them down because of this.
This epilator, the Braun Silk-epil 7 is the most popular and is the best rated by far.
I am not going to go into loads of details about this epilator here. We have a full review and guide on this site.
If you think that this epilator might be for you then I suggest you take a look at our best epilator review.
This epilator is rated the best because it can be used wet or dry and is cordless.
It comes with loads of useful attachments making it perfect for use all over the body.
It even comes with a handy light attached to help find and remove even the smallest of hairs.
If you want the most efficient, reliable and easy to use epilator, this is it.
No problem, take a look at our top 3 epilator reviews for something different.
Obviously the Braun sits in our no. 1 spot.
But we also give you the best mid price range epilator and the best low price range epilator.
We go right across the spectrum here, giving you something that any budget can afford.
If the Braun is out of your price range you can find the best cheapest epilator on the market today.
An epilator that is cheap, and still does the job it is supposed to do.
You will find out which are the 3 most popular epilators on the market and what makes them so good.
Not every epilator will be perfect for everyone, it all comes down to what you want to use it for.
Do you want a corded epilator? Do you want a wireless epilator?
Do you want it for travel? Do you want one just for use on the face, or for everywhere?
You get the idea, we have got you covered. We have got everything covered. There is no need to go anywhere else.
So you need to know which is the best epilator for face.
No problem, we have you covered on that too.
Again we recommend the Braun Silk-epil 7, this epilator has a special attachment that makes it super effective for use on the face.
We recommend this epilator so highly because it is all you are going to ever need. It even has a razor attachment, it turns it into an electric shaver too.
It is a little more expensive than most, but it is well worth the extra money.
Many say that buying a cheap epilator is a waste of money, they brake easily and have to be replaced under a year.
The best advise is to buy a good solid epilator that is going to work for years and years. It is the best investment in the long term.
If this is out of your budget, then one of the Remington epilators is solely for use on the face and has very good reviews indeed, and best of all it is cheap to buy. You can find our more about this epilator on our Remington reviews page.
Take a look through our Emjoi epilator reviews to find out.
This is the ultimate resource on Emjoi epilator reviews ever.
We have reviews on each and every Emjoi epilator model all on one page.
Not only that, we have a compilation of videos for you to see each and every one of these epilators in action.
You can’t fail to find the perfect Emjoi epilator for you using our resources.
We review each and every Emjoi epilator by popularity. You can see reviews on the most popular models, and the east used ones.
The Emjoi brand is very popular and highly regarded in the epilator world. Each and every model have received good reviews.
Each and every model has it’s good and bad points. You need to know them before you go ahead and purchase. We have got it all covered for you right here. You can thank us in the comments.
Take a look through our Remington epilator reviews resource section.
We have reviews on each and every Remington epilator model all in one place.
We have made it super easy to compare each and every Remington epilator, how cool is that.
We have also included some videos of the epilators in action.
We even go one step further, along with the reviews you get a run down of the pros and cons for each and every Remington epilator.
We bring you the reviews in popularity order, starting with the most popular Remington epilator and working our way down to the least.
Remington epilators are priced in the low to medium range. They are not the most expensive.
They have actually received really good reviews because of this. We have all models covered, there is no better resource than this, you are in the right place.
Choosing An Epilator
These are the things that you need to consider when buying an epilator;
- Price: This really should not affect what you buy. However, I understand that you are probably working on a budget. You need to be aware that many cheap epilators will be a waste of money. They will not perform very well and in most cases will not pull the hairs but snap them off, causing ingrown hairs. Do not worry, we have you covered if you do not have a big budget. The Remington epilators are very reasonably priced and actually perform really well. On the other end of the scale we have the Braun, they are expensive, however, they are the best and are well worth the money.
- Types: There are three different types of epilator. The most common is the Tweezer kind. You will also find rotating coil spring, which are less popular due to the fact hairs can catch in the coil and it is know to be more painful. Finally we have rotating discs, which have the same problems as the rotating coil. All the epilators reviewed on this site use tweezers, these are the most effective and east painful. You can be sure we will only present to you epilators that work really well.
- Dry or Wet: For obvious reasons the corded epilators can only be used dry. You can get epilators that are cordless and can be used in the bath or shower. I know that when epilating wet it is not as effective, this is definitely something you should take into consideration. If you have sensitive skin we would advise you to get a wet epilator, this will help you loads, you can prepare your skin before epilation with ice or exfoliation to avoid any unwanted reaction.
- Pain: If it is your first time using an epilator then it is going to hurt a little. Epilating is unlike shaving, you are pulling the hair from the root. Have you used a tweezer? It is exactly the same. You will feel a slight stinging sensation like little needles poking your skin. After a few goes the pain is more bearable. You see, the more you epilate, the less hair re-growth you get, each time you epilate your hair will become finer and it becomes a lot easier.
- Where: You can get an epilator for use everywhere on the body. You can buy an epilator for use on specific parts on the body. You can buy an epilator that comes with many attachments and can be used all over your body. You can epilate your under arms, face, arms, legs and even your bikini area. An epilator is a great way to get rid of peach fuzz, which many ladies feel self consoius about in their older years.
- Cordless: You can get cordless and corded epilators. There are positives to both options. A corded epilator does not need batteries or need to be charged up. A cordless one is easier to navigate around your body, it will be easier to use on those intricate areas. A cordless one will be easier for travel, you do not need to worry about whether it will charge up on a different voltage network.
- Speed: Do you want to get the job done quickly? The more tweezers that the epilator has the less time it will take you to epilate. It takes around 40 minutes to epilate both legs with a 40 tweezer epilator. Also, you would probably want to get an epilator with two speed settings. You need a slow setting for sensitive areas like your bikini line, makes the pain a whole lot more bearable. Also, the more tweezers that you have, the less do overs you will have to do. This is an important factor when choosing an epilator.
- Light Up: Now I think that this is a very improtant factor. Not every epilator has a built in light. I am a big believer that you need one, especially if you are working on areas that have light hairs, like your face and even your legs. If you really want to get every hair, even the smallest lightest hairs that are noticable under light, then this is a spec that you need. You do need a light on your epilator, it is a great little feature that really helps and saves much time.
How To Epilate
To choose a good epilator, you need to know how to epilate to get the best hair loss results.
I will break it down for you to make it super easy to grasp:
- Exfoliate first: simply rub your skin with a brush, loofah or exfoliating glove or hand
- Tighten the skin: important, pull your skin tight with your free hand
- Angle: this is important. Hold the epilator at a 90 degree angle
- Pressure: Don’t push against the skin, hold lightly, we are plucking not shaving
- Direction: Move the epilator against the hair growth. So on legs, pull epilator upwards towards your face
- Pain: apply ice to the effected area or use a numbing spray
- Cleanliness: It is important to keep your epilator clean. Keep the head free of hairs
That’s it. Super simple. Stick to these few steps and you will have no problems at all.
Some people experience a little redness after epilating, it is probably good advise to epilate at the end of the day for this reason. Especially if you are epilating your face, you do not want to go to work with red bumps on your top lip. The bumps are red blotches do go down after about an hour at the most. It is different for everyone.
This video shows you how it is supposed to be done for the best results;
There is no better epilator on the market for all over body use.
The reviews are amazing, and even though it is top of the price range, it is hugely popular.
What makes this epilator so good.
It is cordless and can be used wet or dry. It also charges via a plug, so nu re-chargeable batteries are required.
It has a built in light feature, which many epilators do not have. This means you can get even the shortest of hairs. You will not miss even the tiny light hairs that you have on your body.
It comes with 4 interchangeable heads, it is great for use all over your body including your face and bikini line.
It is perfect for travel, it is small, compact and light, and even comes with a little carry bag.
Best of all it has a whopping 40 tweezers, this makes the whole process super quick.
Hair grows back finer each and every time, what’s not to like. It is the best, take a look at our full review if you are not yet convinced.